TODAY IS A NEW DAY - LIVE IT PURPOSEFULLY AND WITH INTENTION
You can choose to live intentionally and on purpose at anytime and anywhere. You don’t
need to buy a special cushion, or live in the forest, burn incense or have it all together. There is nothing you need but a little quiet time and space to pause.
Creating daily intentions and planning your day is not only an enjoyable ritual, it de-clutters and calms the mind and has the power to enrich your daily living.
Do yourself a favour, go out and buy yourself a personal diary or notebook that has plenty of pages for taking notes…a place where you can record all your thoughts, feelings, wisdom and Aha moments. This book is “that little place you call your own” so make this book something special, a book that you enjoy writing in.
Alternatively make your own diary and fill it with my hand designed templates below (these are templates that I use in my daily life).
Next thing is choose a personal mantra. A mantra is a positive phrase or affirmative statement that you say to yourself for the purpose of motivation or encouragement. This could be your favourite quote, proverb, spiritual truth or religious saying. If you don’t know where to look for inspiring quotes, google it – there are heaps!
When choosing a mantra, you’ll want to choose one that represents what you hope to become or believe. Write your newly found mantra on the first page of your new notebook as a blessing on everything that will be written and accomplished on your new road to self-discovery.
Make it a daily habit to write, journal and plan your day. To up-level your experience you may like to do any of these before, after, or during your daily intention setting:
- Play some meditative music or meditations [try one of our free meditations or soundscapes here]
- Sit in a sunny, warm and cheerful space
- Light a candle or burn an incense/essential oils
- Draw a card from a pack of angel cards, guidance cards or affirmation cards
- Hold a crystal in your hand
- Take a gentle walk out in nature
- Bring your attention to the sounds of nature outside - see if you can hear the birds chirping
- Put on some soft loose clothing
- Spray your favourite aromatherapy body mist [try our natural and certified cruelty free aroma spray at botanicaltrader.com]
- Gaze softly at a leaf on one of your house plants
- End with your hands on your heart
- Make yourself a warm cup of tea
- Stretch your body with gentle yoga
- Read a page of an inspiring book
- Eat a sun-ripened piece of seasonal fruit
- Sip on lemon and mint infused water
- Take a deep breathe in and feel your breath travel down to your belly. As you exhale notice how your body and mind softens
- Sit on a beautiful blanket under a tree
Drape your shoulders in a soft blanket or shaw
JOURNAL WITH INTENTION
Before you open your journal take a moment to become present. Appreciate this moment. Close your eyes and take a deep breath and feel for your intention.
You may ask yourself:
+ Is there something I need guidance on?
+ What has drawn me to my journal today?
+ Do I need clarity on a particular thing?
+ Do I need to express an emotion within?
+ Is there something I am seeking?
+ Is there something I need insight on?
+ Do I need support, strength and resilience?
+ Is there something I am wanting to feel?
+ Is there something I would like to manifest?
+ Am I wanting to explore and unpack something I am feeling?
+ What do I want to experience in my journaling session today?
Use the space between each breath to listen to anything that may arise. Don't overthink. Trust that the very first thought or idea that bubbles up within your thoughts is what you need to know for the day's journaling practice.
This initial guidance should be clear enough to help you
focus and get started on your journaling, however allow it to flow freely, giving it the space to move and change, allowing it the freedom to take you where it wants you to go [or where you need to go].
As you journal - be in the moment - and enjoy the journey.
THE OM COLLECTIVE INTENTIONAL LIVING JOURNAL + DAY PLANNER
Download my free worksheets which guide you on how to unblock and use positivity and affirmations in your daily life so that you will connect to the natural flow and rhythm of the universe – which will ultimately attract abundance into your life.